Cost and Scheduling
- Operator Certification: $500/operator/test for first year and $250/operator/test for each successive year
- Equipment Certification: $1,000/profiler/test
The applicable test fee must be paid by check, payable to “The Regents of the University of California” on day of testing. If you need to cancel a test, be advised that the department requires at least a 72-hour cancellation notice. If a cancellation is not made at least 72 hours prior to a scheduled test, payment will be required prior to scheduling a subsequent test. If you again cancel within 72 hours of the test, your payment will be forfeited.
To schedule an operator and/or equipment certification, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org and provide the following information:
- Your organization’s name, telephone number, and street address;
- If you are applying for the operator certification, the number of individuals from your organization who are going to take this test, and the profiler they will be using to take the practical test
- If you are applying for the equipment certification, the number of profilers, the make/model of vehicle and the profiler models that you want to be tested; and
- The date when you want to take the certification tests based on the schedule below.
Note: For FIRST TIME operators, the certification process will consist of; operator written test, operator practical test, and equipment certification. For RETURNING OPERATORS, the certification process will consist of operator practical test and equipment certification.
|Operator Certification||Equipment Certification|
|February 24-25||February 24-25|
|April 28-29||April 28-29|
|June 23-24||June 23-24|
|August 4-5||August 4-5|
|September 29-30||September 29-30|
*Schedule is subject to change as conditions warrant
The operator written test will be conducted from 9:00 am to 10:00 am in the Translab Building at 5900 Folsom Blvd, Sacramento, CA 95819
Please forward any questions/comments/suggestions to Rupinder “Bobby” Dosanjh (email@example.com). Last updated 01/26/2015.