MATERIALS ENGINEERING AND TESTING SERVICES
Materials Engineering and Testing Services
New Product Submittal
A New Product Submittal Package (NPSP) must be submitted for each new product (one NPSP per new product) and must include the following items:
- New Product Submittal Form (NPSF), with appropriate signatures.
- Product literature (brochures, cut sheets, specifications, etc.).
- Test data (documentation of independent product testing; testing by other Departments of Transportation or government agencies, AASHTO, ASTM, or other nationally-recognized facilities/organizations; or evidence of compliance with any specifications that may exist for this type of product).
- Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS), if required. If use of the product requires handling by Caltrans employees, the MSDS will be forwarded to the Office of Health and Safety Services for review and acceptance. NOTE: For the protection of Caltrans employees, Material Safety Data Sheets that do not list the new product ingredients or components will be rejected.
- Quality control plan, if product utilizes recycled materials.
- Contact list, if applicable, identifying other entities that have utilized the product.
- Other pertinent information.
NOTE: Do not include samples or specimens with the submittal package. You will be notified if/when samples are required.
Incomplete New Product Submittal Packages will not be considered and will be discarded after 30 days.
Starting on October 6, 2014, all submissions must be electronic, and submitted to the New Product email address. No Mailed Submittals will be accepted. E-mail completed New Product Submittal Package to New.Products@dot.ca.gov.
If you have questions regarding the submittal of your product,
please contact the New Products Desk at:
Please email comments or suggestions about this web page to