MATERIALS ENGINEERING AND TESTING SERVICES
- METS Home Page
- New Products
- Contractor Resources
- METS Org Chart
- California Test Methods
- IA Manual
- Authorized Material List
- Authorized Systems List
- Authorized Laboratories List
- Authorized Facility Audit List
- Favorite Links
- Inspection Request Forms
- Local Agency Resources
- Materials Administrator
Materials Engineering and Testing Services
New Product Submittal
Criteria and forms
* Starting on October 6, 2014, all submissions must be electronic, and submitted to the New Product email address. No Mailed Submittals will be accepted. E-mail completed New Product Submittal Package to New.Products@dot.ca.gov.
New Product Submittal Criteria
All new products submitted to Caltrans for evaluation must meet the following criteria:
- The new product must be fully developed, marketable, and commercially available. Products in the research and development stage will not be accepted.
- Use of the new product must be directly related to the highway system.
- Proposed use of the new product must be identified by the vendor.
- If applicable, a Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) listing the product ingredients/components must be included with the submittal.
New products, which do not meet the criteria above, will not be considered, and the new product submittal will be discarded after 30 days.
STOP – If you have not done so already, please read the
New Product Submittal Forms
Please select the appropriate new product category below for product-specific submittal instructions and submittal form:
- General Products (STANDARD New Product Submittal)
- Cartridge Epoxy Products
- Traffic Safety Related Devices (e.g., Guard Rails, Sign Support/Posts, Crash Barriers, Crash Cushions)
- Noise/Sound Barriers
- Earth Retaining Systems
- Detectable Warning Surfaces