MATERIALS ENGINEERING AND TESTING SERVICES
- METS Home Page
- New Products
- Contractor Resources
- METS Org Chart
- California Test Methods
- IA Manual
- Authorized Material List
- Authorized Systems List
- Authorized Laboratories List
- Authorized Facility Audit List
- Favorite Links
- Inspection Request Forms
- Local Agency Resources
- Materials Administrator
Materials Engineering and Testing Services
New Product Submittal
cartridge epoxy products
A New Product Submittal Package (NPSP) must be submitted for each new product (one NPSP per new product) and must include the following items:
- New Product Submittal Form (NPSF), with appropriate signatures.
- Product literature (brochures, cut sheets, specifications, etc.).
- Test data: For cartridge epoxy products, Caltrans requires submittal of an ICBO AC58 test report with all additional testing listed in Caltrans Augmentation package addressed. This test data must be supplied for Caltrans review before any product approval determination can be made. Please furnish the required approved ICBO Report showing compliance with current AC58 and data for tests required in Caltrans Augmentation in an indexed binder with test reports divided and listed in the order shown in the Augmentation package. (Each formulation [fast-set, slow-set, etc.] proposed for use requires a separate documentation binder, including a Material Safety Data Sheet.)
- Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS). The MSDS will be forwarded to the Office of Health and Safety Services for review and acceptance. NOTE: For the protection of Caltrans employees, Material Safety Data Sheets that do not list the new product ingredients or components will be rejected.
- Quality control plan, if product utilizes recycled materials.
- Contact List, if applicable, identifying other entities that have utilized the product.
- Other pertinent information.
NOTE: Do not include samples or specimens with the submittal package. You will be notified if/when samples are required.
Incomplete New Product Submittal Packages will not be considered and will be discarded after 30 days.
Starting on October 6, 2014, all submissions must be electronic, and submitted to the New Product email address. No Mailed Submittals will be accepted. E-mail completed New Product Submittal Package to New.Products@dot.ca.gov.
If you have questions regarding the submittal of your product,
please contact the New Products Desk at: