Caltrans Division of Equipment
File Transfer Protocol Site
In case you are not yet familiar with File Transfer Protocol (FTP), it enables you to copy documents to your computer which are too large to receive through email.
If a Caltrans Division of Equipment (DOE) staff member has placed a document on the FTP site for you, he or she will contact you to notify you and provide the necessary user name and password that you will need to access the site.
It is easy, and sometimes essential to use FTP technology; just follow the instructions below based on the web browser you use.
1. To open the log on window, click the link below.
2. Select "Open FTP Site in Windows Explorer" from the Page menu item, as shown below.
3. A dialog box like the one shown below will appear. Enter the case-sensitive User Name and Password (provided by the DOE) and click Log On.
4. Locate the file within the folder name provided by the DOE, copy and paste it to your computer, and notify the DOE contact that the file has been successfully transferred so that it can be removed.
1. Install the file shown below on your computer in order to manage files (required once only).
2. Once installed, create a shortcut on your computer. From this point forward, you will always use the shortcut to access the FTP site and manage files. When you activate FileZilla, you will see the following screen.
3. Enter the following for the Host: ftp://svctftp.dot.ca.gov and the User Name/Password provided to you by your DOE contact and click the Quickconnect button.
4. Locate the file within the folder name provided by the DOE, copy and paste it to your computer, and notify the DOE contact so that it can be safely removed.
If you have problems with accessing or using this FTP site, email the DOE Webmaster or call (916) 227-9650.