Division of Environmental Analysis (DEA) LINKS
- DEA Home
- SER Home
- Environmental Documents
- Contracts for Environmental Services
- About Us
- Frequently Asked Questions
Last Updated: Monday, March 17, 2014 3:15 PM
Noise Technical Advisories
- "Highway Traffic Noise Model Calibration for Various Roadway Surfaces" technical advisory.
- Distance Limits for Traffic Noise Prediction Models
- General Guidelines For Studying the Effects of Noise Barriers on Distance Receivers
Vibration Technical Advisories
- Transportation and Construction Vibration Guidance Manual Sep 2013
- Transportation Related Earthborne Vibrations
Quiet Pavement Information
- IH-80 Davis OGAC Pavement Noise Study 12th Year Report is the longest running quiet pavement study in the nation.
- Caltrans refined the OBSI equipment for measuring tire/pavement noise levels with the second generation, dual probe OBSI. The use of dual sound intensity probes halves the measurement time required to capture the pavement acoustics. Published Jan 2006. "Further Development of the Sound Intensity Method of Measuring Tire noise Performance of In-Situ Pavements".
- "Comparative Measurements of Tire/Pavement Noise in Europe and the United States, The NITE Study" is the first definitive acoustic comparison of quiet pavements in Europe to typical pavements in California and Arizona. Final report published July 2006.