Division of Environmental Analysis (DEA) LINKS
- DEA Home
- SER Home
- Environmental Documents
- Contracts for Environmental Services
- About Us
- Frequently Asked Questions
Last Updated: Friday, October 24, 2014 10:29 AM
Contaminants and waste
Caltrans handles numerous materials at construction and maintenance sites that require special management because they are defined as hazardous waste or are subject to other regulatory restrictions. Caltrans manages these materials to comply with State and Federal regulations, plus investigates and develops new management procedures for these materials that comply with regulatory revisions, formulation or process changes, and to incorporate new information about the materials or their constituents.
- Aerially Deposited Lead (ADL) Treatment and disposal of highway shoulder soil contaminated by ADL from past leaded fuel vehicle emissions.
- Asphalt Concrete (AC) Grindings Agreement with the Department of Fish and Game regarding placement of AC grindings, other information.
- Portland Cement Concrete (PCC) Grindings Report on chemical constituents in PCC grindings.
- Naturally Occurring Asbestos (NOA) Information, guidance, regulatory requirements and location maps for naturally occurring asbestos.
- Treated Wood Waste (TWW) Regulatory requirements for disposing of TWW.
- Perchlorate Requirements for perchlorate-containing materials such as road flares and blasting agents.
- Asbestos Containing Materials (ACM) Information on managing and disposing of ACM.
- http://cluin.org/emergingcontaminants/ USEPA Emerging Contaminant Fact Sheets
For more information please e-mail