Division of Environmental Analysis (DEA) LINKS
- DEA Home
- SER Home
- Environmental Documents
- Contracts for Environmental Services
- About Us
- Frequently Asked Questions
Last Updated: Wednesday, August 26, 2015 8:58 AM
Environmental Management Office (EMO)
The Environmental Management Office (EMO) is responsible for developing environmental policy recommendations for the Division of Environmental Analysis (DEA) on a wide variety of issues, including development and maintenance of the Standard Environmental Reference (SER). We work closely with the Headquarters Environmental Coordinators and are the "go to" group for policy and procedure development for National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) and California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) environmental documents. We are "advocates" for the Environmental Planners/Generalists in the Districts and serve as the primary environmental contact for California Transportation Commission (CTC) submittals.
EMO works with other Caltrans offices, divisions, and outside agencies to develop innovative approaches to project delivery while safeguarding the environment.
Subject Areas and Products:
- California Transportation Commission
- Surface Transportation Reauthorization Acts
- Purpose and Need
- Standard Environmental Reference (SER)
- Environmental Document Annotated Outlines
- Forms and Templates Page
- Preliminary Environmental Analysis Report
- Climate Change
- Secondary and Cumulative Impacts
- Section 4(f) - See SER Chapter 1, "Federal Requirements" and SER Chapter 20, "Section 4(f)."
- Chapter 39 - Incorporating Environmental Commitments into Design. This chapter describes required actions so that appropriate Environmental Commitments will be included in the design of both Caltrans' and local agency projects on the State Highway System.
- Volume 4, Community Impact Assessment
- Efficiencies Brochure