This site provides the student direct access to material regarding construction careers. Most of these sites were developed for students and not just the career advisors. Students may find information from construction skilled labor occupations, to construction related occupations such as engineering.
- California School Districts with Web Servers
- Dream It Do It
- Engineer Girl - Becoming an Engineer
- EngineeringK12 Center
- Junior Engineering Technical Society (JETS) Opening the world of engineering to junior high and high school students, parents and educators. Providing information about engineering careers.
- Manufacturing is Cool
- Society of Manufacturing Engineers (SME) - Education Foundation
- American College of Building Arts
- ConstructMyFuture.com Provides information and resources to students, parents and teachers in order to strengthen and develop programs at the high school and college/technical school levels.
- NAHETS Nationally recognized in heavy equipment training. When you complete the training at these schools, you become nationally certified - someone who is set apart and greatly needed in today's and tomorrow's society - A Heavy Equipment Operator!
- National Center for Construction Education and Research Provides information on careers in construction, construction training programs and more.
- National Association of Women in Construction (NAWIC) Education Foundation Committed to provide and promote educational opportunities and programs to benefit the construction industry. The NEF serves as a funding vehicle for NAWIC's community based programs
The Department of Transportation does not endorse, takes no responsibility for, and exercises no control over the organizations or their views, or contents, nor do they vouch for the accuracy of the information contained on the destination servers.