- Caltrans Local Assistance Procedures Manual
- Caltrans Local Assistance Program Guidelines
- Caltrans Highway Design Manual
- California Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices
- California's Strategic Highway Safety Plan
- District Local Assistance Contacts
FTIP Information and Links
All federally-funded projects must be included in an FHWA-approved Federal Transportation Improvement Program.
The FTIP is managed by the Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO) or Regional Transportation Planning Agency (RTPA). Ref:
- MPO and RTPA Locations [pdf] (map)
- MPO and RTPA Contact Information [pdf]
- MPO FTIP Web Sites (listing each MPO's FTIP)
Below are the Back-Up lists for each program. Note: Just because a project is shown in this Back-Up list doesn’t mean that it has been included in the MPOs FTIP. It is the responsibility of each MPO to ensure that these projects are included in its FTIP prior to a local agency requesting authorization to proceed with any phase of the project.
- High Risk Rural Roads Program (HR3) Backup Lists
- Highway Safety Improvement Program (HSIP) Backup Lists
- Safe Routes to School (SRTS) Backup Lists
Please feel free to send comments regarding this web site to the DLA Webmaster.
Last Updated: January 14, 2016
If you are a person with a disability and you are not able to, or experience difficulty in, accessing our programs, services and/or employment, or feel that you have been discriminated against under the Americans with Disabilities Act, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, or the Fair Employment and Housing Act, you may contact Elizabeth Dooher, Statewide ADA Coordinator for the California Department of Transportation, at (916) 324-0453 Voice, or 711 TTY, via fax at (916) 324-1949, or 1-866-810-6346 (for complaints only).