Erosion Control Toolbox
Planning & Design
Improve Soil Health
Improve Soil Health & Provide Cover
Short Term Cover
Long Term Cover
Steep Slope Techniques
Low Impact Development
Hydroseed Treatment Overview
What Are Hydroseed Treatments?
- Hydroseed treatments involve spraying seed, fiber (and a variety of other materials) from a hydroseed truck onto disturbed soil areas.
When to Use These Treatments:
- Typically used for cut and fill slopes 2:1 (H:V) and flatter.
- Typically used to treat disturbed areas larger than 0.5 acres. Consider using Erosion Control (Seeding) to hand-seed areas less than 0.5 acres.
- Provide soil cover for protection from rain drop inpact erosion.
- Surface treatment only - does not improve underlying soil structure, improve soil microbiology, or restore soil nutrient reserves.
- Surface treatment only - applications to compacted, nutrient depleted, or poorly draining soils may not provide the conditions necessary for successful vegetative cover.
Specific Hydroseed Treatments Include: