What is SAFETEA-LU?
SAFETEA-LU stands for the Safe, Accountable, Flexible, Efficient Transportation Equity Act: A Legacy for Users. It was signed by President George W. Bush signed on August 10, 2005. SAFETEA-LU authorizes the Federal surface transportation programs for highways, highway safety, and transit for the 5-year period 2005-2009. It covers a variety of transportation related issues including financing, congestion relief, improved safety, improved efficiency (such as coordinated planning and environmental streamlining), environmental stewardship, and transportation related research and studies.
- Federal Highway Administration SAFETEA-LU
- Surface Transportation Extension Act of 2011 [pdf]
- SAFETEA-LU California High Priority Projects [pdf]
- SAFETEA-LU Transit Earmarks [pdf]
Federal Highway Earmarks and Grants FAQS
- Federal Highway Earmarks and Grants: Frequently Asked Questions [pdf]
- Earmark Contact Information
- Earmark Definitions [pdf]
- Simplified Federal-Aid Process [pdf]