- DRISI Purpose and Goals
DRISI’s purpose and goals reflect the vital function the division performs in support of Caltrans mission to provide a safe, sustainable, integrated, and efficient transportation system to enhance California’s economy and livability.
- What We Do
DRISI's greatest asset is our staff. We build and leverage our mission-critical skills and knowledge and organize staff and resources to deliver the highest quality transportation research and system information solutions to our customers.
- Our History
- Fiscal year 2012–13 was a year of new beginnings and opportunities as the Division of Research and Innovation and the Division of Transportation System Information as we merged to become the new Division of Research, Innovation and System Information (DRISI).
- This allowed the two divisions to combine their resources to more efficiently provide Caltrans with the research and data solutions needed to make informed decisions that improve California’s transportation system.
- DRISI was launched in the 2013–14 fiscal year by developing and adopting a new three-year strategic plan to define our role in furthering Caltrans' Mission, Vision and Goals.
- We adjusted our division purpose and goals to better reflect the critical role our division would play in advancing California's transportation system, developing comprehensive solutions, and creating and communicating transportation related knowledge.
- Our Offices
- Office of Communications Systems Research
- Office of Operations and Resource Management
- Office of Planning, Policy and Program Development (OPPPD)
- Office of Traffic Operations Research
- Office of Safety Innovation and Cooperative Research
- Office of Materials and Infrastructure
- Office of Highway System Information and Performance (OHSIP)
- Office of Data Services and Technology (ODST)
Our staff strives to work together seamlessly as a team to provide solutions and knowledge that improve California's Transportation System. Below is a list of our offices with a main contact person and a link to additional information.
Mailing and Email Address
P.O. Box 942874, MS #83
Sacramento, CA 94274-0001
Phone: (916) 654-8899
FAX: (916) 654-9977
- Our History