- District 6 Home
- District 6 Profile
- Public Interest
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Site Index
- District 6 Fresno Metropolitan Area Map
1352 W. Olive Avenue
P.O. Box 12616
Fresno, CA 93778-2616
(559) 444-2409 (Fresno/Madera)
(559) 488-4082 (Tulare/Kings)
(559) 488-4067 (Kern)
- Central Region Calmentor Program
- Central Region Construction Mentor Protégé Program
- District Small Business Liaison List
- San Joaquin Valley Small Business Council
- Business, Transportation & Housing Agency
- Department of Transportation (Caltrans) Links
- Department of General Services (DGS) Links
- Central Contractor Registration (CCR)
- Central Valley Business Incubator
- Duns Number-(must have for CCR registration)
- Valley Small Business Development Center
- Asian Business Institute and Resource Center (ABIRC)
Chamber of Commerce
- California Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
- Central California Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
- Fresno Metro Black Chamber of Commerce (San Joaquin Valley Black Chamber of Commerce)
- Central Valley SCORE
- Fresno Startup
- Greater Bakersfield Chamber of Commerce
- Tulare Kings Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
District 6 Small Business Program
Pam Runge, District 6 Small Business Manager
855 M Street, Suite 200
Fresno CA 93721
Morris Caudle, District 6 Small Business Liaison
Telephone: (559) 444-2585
Fax: (559) 445-5828
Kelly Mertlik, District 6 Small Business Liaison
Telephone: (559) 488-7332
Fax: (559) 445-5828
Small Business Certification Workshop sponsored by CA High Speed Rail and PG&E – FREE Admission
Date: Tuesday, October 29, 2013
Time: 8:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.
Location: Fresno Chamber of Commerce, 2331 Fresno St., Fresno, CA 93721 (Corner of Fresno St. and N Street)
Want to qualify for government High Speed Rail contracts?
The Fresno Chamber will be hosting our next Small Business University Seminar on High-Speed Rail Certification.
Don't miss out on your piece of approximately $1.5 billion granted to qualified small businesses! Contract opportunities are available to a number of industries including but not limited to: administrative services, community outreach support, electrical, environmental, engineering, janitorial services, landscaping, suppliers (various), metal fabrication, office support services, security, transportation, trash removal/recycling, QA/QC, and construction based industries.
Must Bring the following materials to the workshop:
- Laptop (recommended but not required)
- Applicant/Affiliate Federal Tax Returns for past three tax years
- Federal Employment Identification Number (FEIN) (if applicable)
- Secretary of State Number (if applicable)
- Home address of Officers, Members and Partners
- Dun & Bradstreet Number (if applicable)
- Contractors State License Board Number (if applicable)
RSVP: Space is limited. Workshops limited to non-certified small businesses.
RSVP to: Dawn Steele at (559) 495-4821 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Here are some links to assist your company in becoming certified to do business with the State of California as a SBE, DVBE, or DBE.
- Advantages of being a Certified Small Business
- Caltrans Business Enterprise Program
- DBE Certification Forms
- Department of General Service, Office of Small Business Certification and Resources
- Prevailing Wage Information
- California Labor Laws
- Doing Business With Caltrans
Caltrans goal is to exceed the 25% mandate for utilization of certified small businesses, and 5% with Disabled Veterans Business Enterprises (DVBE) for all contracting and purchases.
Small Business Certification
- Must be independently owned and operated;
- Can not be dominant in its field of operations;
- Must have its principal office located in California;
- Must have its owners (or officers in the case of a corporation) domiciled in California; and
- Together with your affiliates, be either:
- A business with 100 or fewer employees, and an average annual gross receipts of $14 million or less over the previous three tax years, or
- A manufacturer with 100 or fewer employees.
Interactive Small Business Resource Map: http://www.business.ca.gov/InteractiveMap.aspx
This is a resource for finding a local SBA office, SBDC office or a Financial Lending Development Corps office. Also, the map provides locations of Enterprise Zones.
FREE training class on the fundamentals of partnering on Caltrans construction projects.
Register online at http://www.jointctindustrytraining.com/login.php
801 R Street, Suite 201, 2nd Floor
Fresno, CA 93721