California Department of Transportation

Contract 10-414824

The responses to bidder's inquiries, unless incorporated into a formal addendem to the contract, are not a part of the contract and are provided for the bidder's convenience only. In some instances, the question and answer may represent a summary of the matters discussed rather than a word-for-word recitation. The availability or use of information provided in the responses to bidder's inquiries is not to be construed in any way as a waiver of the provisions of Section 2-1.03 of the Standard Specifications or any other provision of the contract, the plans, Standard Specifications or Special Provisions, nor to excuse the contractor from full compliance with those contract requirements. Bidders are cautioned that subsequent responses or contract addenda may affect or vary a response previously given.

Q1) Concerning Spec Sect 10-1.02 Water Pollution Control This project is a Risk Level 1. (specs p.24) The specs under the Construction Site Monitoring Program (CSMP) say we must do an SAP (p.29) Do we have to do sampling and analysis? and what item is this paid under? Specs p.36 say "If risk level 2 or 3, the contract unit price paid for storm water sampling..."

A1) A Sampling and Analysis Plan (SAP) is required for "Non-Visible Pollutants" (risk level 1) as part of the Construction Site Monitoring Program, as stated in subsection "Construction Site Monitoring Program (CSMP)," "General," of Special Provisions Section 10-1.02 "Water Pollution Control." Payment for this work is included in "the contract lump sum price paid for prepare storm water pollution prevention plan" (Bid Item No. 2). 7Oct11.

Q2) Are we required to do Rain Event Action Plan's? (REAP) (specs p. 33) If required, where is the REAP item paid for? Specs page 36 say "If risk level 2 or 3, the Department pays $500 for each Rain Event Action Plan" And if required, do we need to do REAP's during the entire plant establishment period? 3 years

A2) Rain Event Action Plans are not required for risk level 1 projects. Refer to subsection "Construction Site Monitoring Program (CSMP)," "General," of Special Provisions Section 10-1.02. 7Oct11.

Q3) Do we need to do Storm Water Annual Reports each year during the Plant Establishment Period? Bid item 6 is for 1 EA STORM WATER ANNUAL REPORT. Specs (p.36) say "The Department pays $2,000 for each Storm Water Annual Report submitted

A3) Storm Water Annual Reports are required to be submitted as stated in "Submittals" in Section 10-1.02, "Water Pollution Control," subsection "General" of the Special Provisions. Refer to "Storm Water Annual Report" under subsection "Reporting Requirements." Storm Water Annual Reports are required during the Plant Establishment Period. Payment for Storm Water Annual Reports submitted will be made under Bid Item No. 6. 7Oct11.

Q4) Are monthly fees for usage of telephone service included in reimbursement as listed: 'Fees for the applications, licenses and leases will be reimbursed by the State'?

A4) The Department will reimburse the Contractor for the build expenses of the telephone service and then set up the monthly on-going service. Therefore, the Contractor won't have monthly service fees for usage. 12Oct11.

Q5) Does the well pump run of 240 V with 3-Phase or 480 V with 3-Phase?

A5) Refer to the note for well pump motor on the Electrical Service (Irrigation) plan, E-1 (Sheet 26 of the plans), which designates "5 HP, 480 V, Three Phase" for the motor. 12Oct11.

Q6) Where will the 200 lf of 2" GSP installed. Not listed in 'Irrigation Quantities' nor be found on plans.?

A6) Refer to call outs for 2" galvanized steel pipe (GSP) on the Atwater Irrigation Well, Details-1, plan sheet W-3 (Sheet 32 of the plans). 12Oct11.