The California Department of Transportation (Caltrans) District 11 and the San Diego Association of Governments (SANDAG) are pleased to introduce you to the Calmentor mentor-protégé program. This program is designed to encourage and support small businesses through voluntary partnerships with mid-size and larger firms. Specifically, the program aims to increase the participation of small Architectural and Engineering (A&E) firms in public transportation projects in the San Diego region.
In order to ensure success, Caltrans and SANDAG have partnered with the American Council of Engineering Companies (ACEC) – San Diego Chapter, and the Caltrans, District 11 Small Business Council (D-11 SBC). A Steering Committee consisting of representatives from Caltrans, ACEC and the D-11 SBC, have worked together to develop the program materials. Please take a moment to review them. Email the District 11 Calmentor team at D11_Calmentor@dot.ca.gov.
- Program Brochure (pdf )
- Program Schedule (pdf or doc )
- Protégé Application (pdf or doc )
- Mentor Application (pdf or doc )
- Memorandum of Understanding (MOU between Mentor & Protégé) (pdf or doc )
- 5th Cycle Calmentor Kick-off Workshop Contact List (pdf ) or (xls )