Salmon Creek Bridge Replacement
The California Department of Transportation (Caltrans) proposes to replace the Salmon Creek Bridge on Route 1 in Mendocino County. The current bridge, built in 1950, has a concrete deck over steel beams. The bridge is functionally obsolete because it is narrow and does not meet current standards for shoulders and guardrails. Maintenance costs are high because the steel beams must be repainted regularly.
An Informational Open House was held on May 7, 2009. A summary of the open house is available.
Displays from the open house held on May 7, 2009:
- Welcome (PDF 208K)
- Handout (PDF 121K)
- How Caltrans Builds Projects (Updated 3/9/10) (PDF 266K)
- Salmon Creek Bridge Alternatives (PDF 768K)
- Salmon Creek Bridge Structure Types (PDF 224K)
- Cross Sections (PDF 372K)
- The Environmental Process (PDF 118K)
For more information, contact:
Phone: (707) 441-3991, TTY 711
Public Information (Media Inquiries)
Phil Frisbie, Jr.
Phone: (707) 441-4678, TTY 711