The California Department of Transportation (Caltrans) proposes to improve the safety of the Route 20/29 intersection in Lake County. The purpose of the project is to improve the safety by reducing the frequency and severity of collisions. The project is needed because the collision rate at the intersection is 3.7 times greater than the statewide average for similar intersections.
Caltrans held a second informational open house to review a proposed project to improve the safety of the Route 20/29 intersection on February 16, 2012. Two alternatives are being considered, including signalization or installation of a roundabout.
Displays from the public meeting held on February 16, 2012:
- Flyer (PDF 220K)
- Welcome (PDF 312K)
- Purpose and Need (PDF 159K)
- Collision Diagram (PDF 2.7M)
- Comparison of Alternatives (PDF 536K)
- Potential Vehicle Conflict Points (PDF 243K)
- Roundabout - Alternative 1 (PDF 451K)
- Signalized - Alternative 2 (PDF 457K)
- Typical Sections (PDF 939K)
- Route 20 Principal Arterial Corridor (PDF 482K)
- How Caltrans Builds Projects (PDF 245K)
- The Environmental Process (PDF 1.4M)
For more information, contact:
Phone: (707) 441-3991, TTY 711
Public Information (Media Inquiries)
Phil Frisbie, Jr.
Phone: (707) 441-4678, TTY 711