- California Test Methods
- NEW! Inertial Profiler Certification Program
- District 01 MPQP Certifiied HMA & PCC Plants
- Statewide MPQP Contact List
- MPQP HMA and PCC Plant Certification formerly CTM 109
- Independent Assurance Program (IAP)
- 23 CFR 637 Definition of the Independent Assurance Program
- Pavement Selection Information
- Structural Section Request Information
- Check List for Construction Sampling
- Pavement Deflection Study
- Pavement coring
- (R-Value)Resistance to Deformation of Aggregates and Soils Under Traffic Loads
- Culvert Studies
- John Loudon McAdam, King of the Roads Reprinted from "The Highlander" Magazine. The Magazine of Scottish Heritage January/ February 2003
- Laboratory Safety Manual 2014
- Code of Safe Practices 2010
- Independent Assurance Manual
- 2006 Standard Specifications
- 2006 Standard Plans
- 2006 Standard Specifications Digest of Major Changes
- Section 39 HMA Hot Mix Asphalt
- Quality Control Manual for Hot Mix Asphalt
- HMA Plant Inspection Manual
- Material Plant Quality Program (MPQP) Manual
- Draft WMA (Warm Mix Asphalt)
- Draft MPQP Polymer Concrete Volumetric Trucks
- PCC Plant Inspection Manual
- Highway Design Manual
- Construction Manual
- NEW! RAP Check Calculator
- CTM 202 Grading Analysis
- CTM 216/ 231 Relative Compation Test - Nuclear
- CTM 309 Rice Specific Gravity
- CTM 379 Nuclear AC Content
- CTM 382 Ignition Furnace Calib.
- CTM 382/ 370 Ignition Furnace/ Moisture Content
- CTM 521 PCC Cylinder Compressive Strength
Laboratory Policies and Procedures
- California Test Methods
- Lab Procedures
- Acceptance Testing Turnaround Times
- Aggregate Process Testing
- HMA Acceptance Testing
- Lab Workload Priority
- Correcting Errors in TL-101s and/or Submitted Samples
- Disposal of Test Samples
- Nuclear Density and Asphalt Gauge Procedures
- Material Engineering and Testing Services (METS)
- CT District 08 Materials Engineering
- Radiologic Health Branch
- Del Norte
District 01 Field Labs
Checklist for Construction Sampling
The Following list serves as a quick guide. Please refer to Section 39 of the Standard Specifications for complete information.
Job Mix Formula (JMF)
- All material is to be sent with contractors proposed Section 39 Target Values, and Bin Percentages if Batch Plant.
- Include 4-quart cans of the type of oil to be used.
- Minimum of 2 bags per bin (if dust is used, 1 concrete cylinder container 2/3 full).
- Minimum of 4 bags per mix (3/4", 1/2", etc.).
- Hot Mix Asphalt (HMA)- 4 cartons (full)
- Open Graded Friction Course (OGFC) - 2 - 1 gallon cans
- Aggregate Base (AB) - 2 bags
- Shoulder Backing - 2 bags
- R-Value - 2 bags
- Portland Cement Concrete (PCC) - 4 bags aggregate, 2 bags sand.
- All other - l bag minimum.
- Bags, cans, and cartons may be procured within each district and must comply with sizes stipulated in Section 8 of the Caltrans Construction Manual.
- All samples are required to include the necessary paperwork (i.e. TL-101's, TL-502's, etc.).