The 101/41 Interchange Project will improve operations, safety, congestion, and reduce delays.
- Current Press Release
- Granite Construction is the contractor for the project.
- Project is estimated to cost $16,000,000
- Project is funded with Regional Transportation Improvement Program (RTIP) and city contribution
- Install protective barrier for construction workers
- Clear the center median of Highway 101
- Permanently close Marchant and Santa Ynez Avenues
- It is anticipated to maintain 4 travel lanes on Highway 101 during most construction activities.
- Highway 41 traffic will be restricted to one travel lane in each direction during bridge construction.
- The bridge on Hwy 101 will be constructed in three phases.
- Phase one will construct the center span bridge (currently there is no bridge in this area).
- Phase two will construct a new northbound Hwy 101 bridge.
- Phase three will construct the southbound Hwy 101 bridge.
- Anticipate beginning construction in September 2007.
- Remove and relocate northbound Hwy. 101 on-ramp
Widen Hwy. 41 from 4 to 6 lanes
- Construct bike path adjacent to Hwy. 41
- Construct median bridge on Hwy. 101 to facilitate future widening
- Interchange area landscaping
Para información en
Español, favor de llamar al (805) 549-3138
This page is maintained by: Public Affairs Department
April 2, 2008