District 2 - Maintenance
The Maintenance Division is responsible for providing day-to-day highway service to the traveling public.
- Field Maintenance personnel are strategically headquartered in 22 different locations throughout District 2; geographically, the second largest of Caltrans' 12 districts. Field crews are responsible for daily maintenance of their assigned highway;segments. Annual activities include snow removal, pothole patching, culvert cleaning, litter removal, paving and much more. Additionally, a large part of their time is spent responding to any and all highway incidents that occur (e.g. traffic accidents and hazardous material spills).
- Caltrans Headquarters Division of Maintenance
- Report a Maintenance Related Problem
- Work Zone Safety
- Log of Bridges on State Highways
- TheMaintenance Engineering office is responsible for engineering support for field maintenance, establishing priorities and performing preliminary scoping for the majority of capital construction projects and delivery of the contract major maintenance program.
- The Roadside Maintenance office performs specialized culvert inspection with the latest remote controlled camera technology. Additionally, staff provide oversight for the Maintenance Division's Stormwater Pollution Prevention Program, the Vegetation Management Program and Disposal Site Management.
Statewide Alerts and Other Information
Save Our Water
California Climate Investments
Slow for the
Move Over Law
Register to Vote
Keep Your Home
National Household Travel Survey
District 2 Links